Minecraft [UNITY RECREATION] + Unity Project
A downloadable game
A simple recreation of the classic "Minecraft" video game made in the Unity3D game engine.
- 28 nature and building blocks available to use
- Classic sound effects, music, and graphics from the original game
- All data from your world will be saved, even when you close the application.
- 3 graphical modes available including an original "Insane" mode which enables shadows, occlusion, motion blur, and other awesome effects available in the Unity3D "Effects" standard assets package.
- W/A/S/D or Arrow Keys: Move
- Left Shift: Sprint
- Mouse: Look
- Scroll Wheel: Switch Block
- Space: Jump
- Right Mouse Button: Place Block
- Left Mouse Button: Destroy Block
- Middle Mouse Button: Get Highlighted Block
- E: View Inventory
- Escape: Pause/Resume
All code available in the unity project is public domain. Feel free to use/modify any code for your own projects
Make a donation:
Support me on Patreon:
My main itch.io page:
My LDJam Account:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Are you sure you didnt take it from the 10th anniversary website? jk this is pretty good. are you working on this still?
Not really. Got some other projects currently under way that I'm focusing on. Definitely will be soon though!
Do you still work on the project? Because if you do, Can you add glass and some types of wool?
how did u make caves???
(havent played yet just seen pictures)
I actually used the same noise algorithm for caves as i did for the surface terrain. Rather than 2d noise i used 3d noise. I just made a simple algorithm to increase the intensity of it based on how low the y position is. for the caves i just generated regular 3d noise across the map, and any place where the noise is greater than a certain value (I think i chose 0.8), it places an air block.
This is super impressive. Great job on making this work!